Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ajimobi Vows To Sustain Lam's Legacy


Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State today led members of the State Executive Council on a condolence visit to the family of the late former Governor Lam Adesina, pledging to continue to celebrate, honour and sustain the legacy left behind by the elder statesman.

At the Felele, Ibadan residence of the late former governor, Goveror Ajimobi noted that Alhaji Adesina had been his benefactor since 1964 and that whatever achievement he had recorded in life so far had the contributions of the late ACN leader.

Ajimobi who described himself as a political son of lam said the former governor lived a spiritually filled life. He was always praying and fasting.

``I used to call Alhaji Adesina my three-in-one. He was my teacher, my uncle and my political mentor. Whatever I am today in politics, he made me.

``And when you remove the mundane politics of Oyo State; the pedestrian politics; the pull-him-down innuendoes of Oyo politics, there is no closer person to him as his political son than I, Abiola Ajimobi,’’ he said.

Quoting copiously from the various books written by Williams Shakespeare which he said Adesina used to regale his students with, among whom he was one at the Lagelu Grammar School, like ‘Cowards die many times before their death…’ and the departed governor’s mantra of ‘don’t take my simplicity for stupidity’, Ajimobi said that whatever mastery of the English Language he may exhibit today was impacted to him by the late governor.

Speaking on behalf of the state executive council, the state Commissioner-designate, Pastor Taiwo Otegbeye, acknowledged the achievements of the late Alhaji Adesina in the state

No comments:

Post a Comment