Youth Care Project (YCP) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization established to address the health and development needs of Nigerian youths in a holistic but sustainable manner. Established in June 1998, YCP has its corporate headquarters in Lagos but runs and maintains projects Youth Development Centre in partnership with other stake-holders. Currently, YCP has established such centres in various local government areas of Ondo, Kwara and Ekiti Staterespectively, with a vision to expanding to other states of the federation.
Mission StatementOur mission is to empower every young person to develop to full potential by providing and equipping them with the necessary information and skills to improve their own lives and their communities.
Vision StatementOur vision is to raise a generation of well – informed, healthy, responsible, gender balanced, critically conscious and productive young people who will be able to fill their roles as tomorrow's leaders.
Specific ObjectivesYCP was founded for the following specific objectives;
- To improve the health and in particular the Reproductive health of young people in Nigeria.
- To inculcate in and prepare young people for effective and people oriented leadership.
- To provide information, counseling, guidance, care and support for young people in all areas of their development.
- To empower young people through vocational training and skills acquisition
- To assist young people to identify and constructively deal with all threats; social, cultural, political and economic – to their development and full realization.
- To provide young people with a resource centre and encourage them to channel their energies into wholesome activities that would enhance their self – development.
- To network and collaborate with other stakeholders, NGOs, CBOs, FBOs Governments, and other relevant agencies to address the health and development needs of young people in Nigeria.