The former Divisional Police Officer, DPO of Pen Cinema Police Station, CSP Segun Fabunmi who was accused of killing a protester during the last fuel fuel subsidy protest was arraingned before a lagos high court.
He was brought before Justice Olabisi Akinlade of the Lagos High Court, Ikeja over the alleged murder of a protester and wounding of three others during the last year fuel subsidy protest in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
The former DPO was slammed with, a 7-count charges which he pleaded not guilty to.
The charges against him were alledged murder of the a-27-year old Demola Abiodun shot dead during the last subsidy protest in 2012 and attempted murder and causing grievous bodily harm to three other others.
The other victins are Alimi Abubakar, Egbujor Samuel and Chizorba Odoh who were said to have been shot by MR Fabunmi with his AK-47 rifle on January 9, 2012 at about 9:30a.m while on security patrol at Yaya Abatan street in lagos.
The offences contrary to Section 221,228,243 of the Criminal Law No.11,2011 of Lagos State.
After Fabunmi pleaded not guilty to the charges, Mrs. Olabisi Ogungbesan, Director of Public of public prosecution in Lagos State accompanied by Mrs. C.R Odutola, assistant to the State Counsel and Mrs. O. Owoeye State Counsel requested for a trial date.
But the defence team led byl j. Okafor said he wanted to bring a bail application before the judge the judge declined oral application but ordered ordered that the defendant should be remanded in Kirikiri Maximum prison pending the application for bail.
Hearing for bail application has been fixed for 14th of June 2013.