The attention of the Ijaw Media Forum has been drawn to the recent threat by the Boko Haram threat to bring down the federal government of Nigeria led by President Goodluck Jonathan within the next three months.
We are not surprised that this threat is coming from the Boko Haram and their political backers. What, perhaps, beats our imagination is why it took the them so long to open up and narrow down their war against their loss of political power to President Jonathan whom they have always seen as the cause of their woes. The Ijaw Media forum, like other discerning Nigerians, knew before now that all the Boko Haram wahala is a well-organized political movement packaged by those opposed to the Jonathan administration.
Now that the group has come out in clear an unambiguous terms the Ijaw media Forum wishes to state as follow:
· That President Jonathan, a Nigerian of Ijaw extraction, has the inalienable right to govern Nigeria; and having been elected by Nigerians to lead this country will remain President till the end of his constitutional tenure.
· That any group, including Boko Harm, opposed to President Jonathan’s administration has the option of seeking asylum anywhere else in the world until the end of his tenure.
· That the Ijaw Media Forum will not fold its arms and watch any person or group intimidate an Ijaw man whom it has pleased the Almighty to pick as President of Nigeria at this point in our national history.
· That henceforth, any bomb that explodes within a radius of FIVE KILOMETRES of where the President is at any given time will be matched with a more devastating bombing in any area we consider appropriate to carry out a retaliation.
· That ny act of kidnapping which could be interpreted to be part of the fulfilment of this recent threat by Boko Haram will be meant with equal measure of retaliation.
That the Niger Delta youths agreed to embrace amnesty in the interest of the larger Nigerian nation does not mean that we are pushovers. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Boko Haram has drawn the battle line.
ELDER ASU BEKS